We are writing to you to hereby give notice that the Annual General Meeting of NSSUK will be held on 24 January 2015 (3pm to 7pm) at St Marys Hall Norman Road, East Ham, London E6 6HN.
. The purposes for which this is held may be summarised as follows:
- To receive the Annual report and Accounts of the Directors for the 12 months ended 31 December 2014.
- To elect a new Executive Committee for next year, and for which nominations are welcome.
- To consider, and if appropriate, pass fit the following resolution: to amend the existing Constitution of the institution.
We welcome nominations for the Executive Committee, which should be sent or given in person to the NSSUK Chief Election Officer. Any member, who had the full year membership fee paid to the Society, is eligible to vote and stand for election. Those who wish to stand for election to the committee are requested to complete the nomination form which is attached herewith. Please note that the closing date for nominations will be 30 December 2014.
The Chief Election Officer is Mr Radhakrishnan Nair, 2A Heigham Road, East Ham, London, E6 2JG, Mobile Number: 07725722715. firstname.lastname@example.org.
As regards the third matter above, we are advising you that it is the intention of the existing Executive Committee to present a revised Constitution to our members. There are a number of reasons for doing so and these include the following:
- There appears to be an underlying perception that the vagueness of the document has diminished the significance of the institution and that, by implication, members are unclear as to the distinct purpose of NSSUK;
- There is a need to augment the existing financial, process and procedural controls in the Charter to ensure that we comply with all regulatory and statutory requirements and also be seen to comply with said obligations. These actions will, in turn, concomitantly facilitate our readiness to raise external funds.
I look forward to hearing from you and, in due course, welcoming all of you to our AGM.
General Secretary NSS UK